Saturday 25 June 2016

I'm So Excited, I Just Can't Hide It!

Tomorrow we are going on holiday! I'm so excited I could pee my pants (easier for a middle aged woman to do than you may think). And it's funny that, because only a few weeks ago, while out walking Thumper, I was pondering life - as one often does when walking a dog, it's very good therapy - and I realised that although I am very, very lucky to feel real joy in my every day stuff, and feel a lot of genuine heartfelt gratitude for that happiness, I realised that I never actually got excited about anything anymore. I could feel happy about something, but never got that giddy high octane feeling that you experience as a child almost every day. So, it was relief when I realised earlier this week that I had finally rediscovered my 'inner excitement' and was getting giddy about our holiday. There's life in the old girl yet!   
We are driving south to Wiltshire, right near the bottom of England, and a beautiful part of the country. It's not an area I have been to before (unless driving through it about 20 years ago qualifies as having been there).


We are staying near Longleat, at the Centre Parks there. We're going to spend the days swimming and walking, having picnics and barbecues and playing swingball and board games. And I'm going to read lots of books - something I don't seem to get the time for at home. Running a business from home and taking care of family and Thumper seems to use up all my allocated time and there is little going spare.

Look at the swimming pool....!


And that's only one of the water slides!

The countryside is stunning down there - I'm hoping we get a sneak peek of the Cotswolds as well.


And Stonehenge.  So ancient and mystical.


And Avebury.


I'm very excited about seeing these wonders.

But I'm also very excited about just spending time, lazily, all day, for 11 days, just together with my family. Now that is exciting!

https://www.longleat.co.uk/

http://www.centerparcs.co.uk/villages/longleat/index.jsp




No comments:

Post a Comment