Friday 10 June 2016

The Clouds Have Rolled Back In

What a difference a day makes in Edinburgh. In Scotland. Our weather is temperamental, especially in summer. We take it as it comes. No other choice really! Yesterday and the days before were a happy 20+ degrees in the sun. Today, well, its dark, cloudy and cold. Its dropped a good 10 degrees. Be prepared for this if you are intending visiting Edinburgh anytime!

I had a stroll in to town with a friend yesterday - hot pavements and bare shoulders. Cool spots in the shade to keep Thumper comfortable. We walked to Tollcross to visit RealFoods, the health food store and then back up through Bruntsfield Links onto Bruntsfield Place looking at the windows of the lovely little independent shops along the street there. One of those was a beautiful shop just off Bruntsfield Place on Viewforth. White and cool inside, it had the most gorgeous selection of Moroccan pottery, rugs, lamps and bags. I'll be going back to buy presents there - soon! Unfortunately it doesn't have a website otherwise I would put a link up. But it's not hard to find as it's just a few yards off Bruntsfield Place on Viewforth on the left hand side. Worth a wander down to.

Bruntsfield Links in the sun....


and the shade......



By the time we got home we were pooped and ready for a rest. Thumper had a good nap.


But today, today is a different story. It's dark and cold...



And the kind of day, whether winter or summer, that I need a cocoa.


I make war time cocoa. Not hot chocolate, not instant. Cocoa like my Grandfather made on the farm. A teaspoon of cocoa in a mug, add as much or as little sugar as you like to taste (I like lots) and pour in about an inch of evaporated milk from a can. Top up with boiling water and stir, whisk and whizz until smooth and creamy. You might notice I added some whipped cream and mini marshmallows...not quite so war time. But a very tasty addition. I'm drinking this at my desk when I should be working. But I'd rather blog - it is Friday afternoon after all.

Happy Friday everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment